In my email on Sunday (7/22/2012), I indicated to the Seattle Parents that the bridges may be closed due to Seafair and the Blue Angels. This was in error. The Blue Angels will not be in town until next week. We look forward to seeing you on time for the bus! I have included the (corrected) email for your convenience.
I wanted to take a moment to remind you of a few important details:
- Portland, Neveh Shalom, Noon
- Seattle, Jewish Day School, 1:00pm
- Spokane, Temple Beth Shalom, 7:30am
- Ellensburg, McDonald's, 10:30am
- Vancouver BC, Oakridge Centre, 8:30am
- Canadian campers must give the bus staff their valid passports prior to boarding the bus, and their parents must have a completed and signed border crossing form. Canadian families, remember this year the pickup and drop off will be at the North Parking Lot of Oakridge Centre, across from The Bay. I sent our Canadian families an email yesterday with instructions specific to the Canadian transport.
- The packing list is on the last page of the parent handbook, which is also accessible on the password protected Parents Center section of the website.
- Any campers that do not have their medical forms (the medical form completed in full and signed by your child's doctor, the Clinic and Hospital Form and a copy of your insurance card or a credit card to be used if necessary at the hospital for our Canadian and Israeli campers) on file will not be allowed to board the bus. These forms are accessed via the Parents Center on our website. If you have not done so, be sure to email or fax(206.447.2629) your forms to us.
- Any camper families that have not yet paid for camp in full and/or have not worked out a payment plan with me will not be allowed to board the bus.
- Campers should eat prior to boarding the buses. The charter company does not permit food or drinks on the buses. The only exception applies to campers departing from Canada or Eastern Washington, who may bring a cold, dairy sack lunch. The bus will stop for lunch/rest stops on the way.
- If you are driving your camper to Camp, please drop them off between 2:00pm and 3:00pm, a staff member will be there to greet and check you in.
- We will notify all camper families that are flying into SeaTac airport when their camper has arrived at the airport and we have them.
- I will send you an email before Shabbat informing you of their arrival and their cabin number. We do not answer phone calls, texts or emails on Shabbat unless it is an emergency. You can always leave a message on my cell phone, and I will check periodically on Shabbat but only to make sure that there is no emergency.
- If you have any issues, comments or concerns, please contact our parent liaison, Michelle.
- Information on the bunk note system can be found in the parent handbook on page 16. Please write letters focusing on the positive, not focusing on how much everyone misses them. It is not appropriate to break bad news to your child through mail while at Camp. When writing to your child, please include their full name and cabin number. If you want them to send you snail mail, please remember to send your child with plenty of stamps and postcards or envelopes.
We can't wait to see the campers at Camp, and have another fantastic Camp Solomon Schechter Gimmel Session!! Thank you for choosing to send your child to Schechter, they are going to have a blast!