11-10-16: CSS begins its Ambassador Program!
We are beginning a new chapter for CSS: a family engagement and camper recruitment initiative designed to empower and utilize our most important resource…our Schechter families! The goal is to create a network of families who will assist in recruiting new camp families within their community outside of camp. The Ambassador families will serve as key Schechter representatives in their specific geographical areas.
You may ask: What is the Ambassador Program? Great question!
This program is a partnership between Camp Solomon Schechter and select families with the following goals:
- Identify potential camp families in the community.
- Educate new families about the mission, goals, and benefits of Camp Solomon Schechter.
- Support new camp families in the journey to attend camp.
What exactly goes into this?
Once a family agrees to be a CSS Ambassador, they will have the opportunity to:
- Attend an online Schechter Training Webinar with Sam and I.
- Take an active role in cultivating potential camp families within their schools, grocery stores, synagogues, and larger local communities.
- Serve as liaisons between Schechter and prospective camp families, making themselves available to discuss the benefits of camp and ways to become involved in the camp program.
- Identify locations within their communities where Schechter promotional materials may be displayed. Ambassadors will maintain each location’s supply of materials and notify the camp office if more materials are needed.
- Establish the initial contact with prospective camp families and be available for informal, personal meetings to discuss camp programs, facilities, etc.
- Host and invite prospective families to an information session in their home for a Home Visit. This is an opportunity for families to gather together with a year-round Schechter staff member to get more information about camp. After this Home Visit, Ambassadors and camp staff will follow up with thank you cards and phone calls
What is Camp Solomon Schechter Responsibilities?
Once a family commits to being an Ambassador family, Camp Solomon Schechter will:
- Supply the Ambassador family with brochures, marketing materials, and promotional items to assist in their recruitment efforts.
- Reimburse Ambassadors for food/beverage purchased for Home Visit.
- Lead Home Visit presentations and discussions.
- Follow up on all prospective family leads provided by the Ambassadors.
What is in it for Ambassador families?
We realize that spreading the word about camp and advocating for something you are passionate about is rewarding in itself! However, we want to make sure the ambassadors know just how valuable they are to the success of camp! An Ambassador family will receive:
- $200 off their children’s summer tuition for each new camper that signs up for Summer 2017 as a result of their efforts.
- A $100 credit for use towards Schechterware for Summer 2017.
- Free CSS Family Ambassador swag to wear at camp recruitment events.
We could not be more excited about t his program, and we look forward to working with all of our new CSS Ambassador families. If you are interested in participating in this program, please contact me at 206-999-0435 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email Sam at email@example.com.